We completed this extraordinary home for a young family in Yeovil, Somerset.
Forward-thinking design from Micah Jones architecture provided an ‘upside down’ arrangement with living space upstairs to make the most of the incredible views.
This home is packed full of complementary technologies and building methods including:
- Mass timber construction in the form of HBE (similar to CLT but in more manageable sizes which helped with the access restrictions)
- Wood fibre insulation
- High-performance membranes, tapes and gaskets to achieve a super low air leakage score of 1m3/hm2
- Air source heat pump
- Underfloor heating on both floors
- Mechanical ventilation & heat recovery
- Solar PV
- High performance triple glazed composite doors and windows
Built using high quality, sustainable and long-lasting materials including local ham stone, larch cladding, bamboo flooring and polished concrete first floor and kitchen worktops.